Affordable health care
- Choose your health policy considering your individual needs and requirements.
- Try to buy health policy when you are young and healthy. Because premiums are calculated according to the eldest member of the family.
- Do not start by comparing premiums because understanding the benefits and terms is more important than the cost.
- Find how many hospitals covered under the policy. Always you should consider such type of policy, which covers the maximum number of hospitals in around the area of your hometown.
- Consider such type of policy that offers cashless facility so that you do not have to pay any money upfront and then submit all the documents in order to get a reimbursement.
- Looks such type of policy that covers pre-existing ailment. Generally, pre-existing ailments are not comprised of health insurance coverage. Actually pre-existing ailments are covered in the policy after a specific period of specified time.
- Go for maximum renewal age on which the coverage on your health insurance would be discontinued.
- Find treatment wise limits and copay. Copay is basically is the share of an allowable claim that the purchaser would have to pay from his or her own pocket.
- Looks for a benefit like an in-patient care, pre, and post hospitalization expenses, daycare facility, domiciliary hospitalization, no claim bonus, ambulance cover etc.
- Confirm the past claim settlement record of the company from which you are going to buy health insurance.